MATALA: POND VACUUM II PLUS "THE MUCK BUSTER PLUS"
Pond Vac II-Plus
Improved Muck Buster! Same Quality and Performance, With - larger container capacity and faster drain out time.
- Matala Pond Vacuum II-Plus
- Capacity 6.6 Gallons
- Suction Hose Length 16 ft.
- Discharge Hose Length 8 ft
- Power Cord length 16 ft
- Dimensions 13.8" x 13.8" x 22" tall
- Weighs approx. 28 lbs.
The new Matala Pond Vacuum II Plus has a tank capacity of 6.6 gallons. 25% larger than the Pond Vac II. The high quality German 1.5 HP motor has all the suction power of a 2 HP but is more energy efficient.
The auto fill and drain cycles allow for water to fill the vacuum canister, then simply discharge water into the garden or yard drains. The on/off cycle is approximately 50 seconds vacuum and 25 seconds drain out. During the vacuum cycle the holding tank fills with dirty water. Once it is full the motor will turn off automatically. The dirty water will start to drain out the drain hose to the garden or yard drains. When it is empty, it turns itself back on automatically and continues to vacuum. Use the optional mesh bag to capture coarse debris before releasing the dirty water to the garden or yard drain. The dirty pond water is great for your garden plants! Do not return dirty water back to the pond! In this way you can use the vac to make monthly water changes. Safe for use in fish ponds and water gardens.
The Matala Pond Vacuum II Plus is perfect for hobbyist ponds up to 4000 gallons. The holding tank is approximately 6.6 gallon capacity. The 5 extension tubes are approximately 15 inches long each and can reach depths up to 6 feet. The suction hose is 16 feet long and the drain out hose is 8 feet long.
- Open yellow ring on handle for extended suction time. Close with finger for increased suction power.
- Place Vacuum tank up high so that drain out hose with flapper valve is lower than bottom of tank.
- Use smallest vac head possible for the job in order to prolong suction time.
- Periodically check the flapper valve on end of drain hose for obstructions and good movement.